Is your dog going crazy with itching, scratching, biting, hot spots, secondary infections, illness from one of the most common Dog Health Problems – Pet Allergies?
How miserable! Your dog is itching, scratching, biting or just plain sick from one of the widespread pet allergies. Yet traditional treatments carry a whole host of new problems. So what can you do about this common dog health problem?
Dr. Andrew Jones outlines the three most common, unpleasant, and painful dog allergies. Good news, though. It’s easy to spot them if you know what you’re looking for. And you can easily get rid of them and make your dog feel light-years better in the process!
What are these three common Pet Allergies?
- Environmental (i.e., dust mites)
- Food Allergies (protein)- facial pruritis in cats
- Flea Allergies
Most veterinarians prescribe steroid treatments, but Dr. Jones recommends that only as an absolute last resort! Here’s why. Some of the side effects include:
- Increased drinking and urinating
- Hair Loss
- Liver Disease
- Behavioural Changes
- Idiopathic Cushings disease
- Immunosuppression- producing infections, cancer
What are the top natural alternative treatments for these pet allergies?
- Essential Fatty Acids, Flax seed, Marine Fish oil (1000mg per 50lbs daily)
- Hypoallergenic Foods
- Shampoo- Oatmeal and Conditioner
- Herbal- Skin Eze
Photo by Markus Winkler on Unsplash