Best Vitamins and Supplements for Yorkies
Vitamins for Yorkies are essential for the proper functioning of their vital organs, for their skin, for their correct development and growth. In addition, they play a fundamental role in the immune system and influence mood, promote cell growth and more.
When buying a dry food for your Yorkie it is necessary to include omega 3 and omega 6, phosphorus, calcium and vitamin E, to ensure the bone and coat quality of our dog.
In adult Yorkies their feed should consist of 40% protein, 20% fruits and vegetables, and 10% fat, plus some fiber and cereals. We recommend that you consult your veterinarian regarding the amounts, or be guided by the feed labeling.
These are the best vitamins and supplements for yorkies
- Vitamin A. It is necessary during their growth, it also helps their eyesight, skin and coat.
- Vitamin B. Here is a very complete group (B1, B2, B3, B12…), important for the immune system, absorption of nutrients, skin, coat and general health. Vitamin B helps in nervous disorders; B1 is especially indicated to combat the symptoms of aging in older dogs, due to its high antioxidant power.
- Vitamin C. It is necessary for the development and maintenance of bones and for the immune system.
- Vitamin D. It also favors their bones and for the assimilation of nutrients.
- Vitamin E. It is a natural antioxidant important in the formation of organ tissues and their maintenance. Recommended for older dogs.
- Vitamin K. It is very beneficial for their circulatory system.
- Vitamin B2. It is essential for growth, for the maintenance of a good musculature and for the health of the coat.
- Salmon oil. It is rich in omega 3 and omega 6, protects the heart, promotes a strong, shiny and healthy coat and skin.
Supplements should be added to the diet of Yorkies only if their diet is deficient in vitamins. Other very beneficial supplements for them are:
- Brewer’s yeast, is a natural source of vitamin B complex, provides the animal with extra vitality in the coat, maintains the health of the skin, nails and more.
- Apple cider vinegar, prevents urinary infections and also relieves pain and wounds in the mouth.
- Kefir and natural yogurt, regulates the intestinal flora, helping to combat problems of gastritis, constipation, diarrhea and more.